Not all superheroes wear capes or have gorgeous looks. Some look like little dirty fingers that you pull up from the ground. Turmeric is definitely one of these!
This ancient rhizome has been used for centuries in Asia for medicines, cooking and ceremonies. But it has only started to become popular in the West in the last 10 years. We've always had access to dried turmeric but a large majority of us have not even seen a real turmeric root.
Turmeric is amazing because of its natural compounds called "curcuminoids", the most important of which is "curcumin." Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant and an excellent fighter of inflammation in the body. Taking turmeric every day is a great way to help relieve inflammation and help to increase antioxidant levels in the body.
We use specially grown Organic Turmeric in our Daily Good Tonic that is sourced only from our partner farm in Fiji, Ranadi Organics. Read more about their story here.
5 things you didn't know about Turmeric:
- 1 Tablespoon of Turmeric has 26 percent of daily manganese needs.
- Turmeric is known to help improve liver function.
- The spice can contribute to healthy digestion as a result of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The use of turmeric dates back nearly 4000 years to the Vedic culture in India, where it was used as a culinary spice and had some religious significance.
- Turmeric paste is used in a special pre-wedding ceremony in India and is put on the wife-to-be's face by the Mother and Sisters to help beautify her.
Buy our Turmeric Daily Good Tonics Here