Ginger is an incredibly versatile root. It's used in many different types of cuisines, as a scent for household goods, as a "Gran's remedy" - the list goes on!
But there's a lot more to ginger than just a pretty smell and a zingy taste. Ginger is a miracle maker, even if it is a little odd looking.
Ginger's medicinal uses date back thousands of years. It has a long history of alternative medicine uses for ailments such as: digestive issues and nausea, fighting the flu, and warding off colds. Ginger can help soothe morning sickness.
Ginger is an integral part of our Daily Good Tonics and you can find it in all three of our flavours.
The ginger we source is specially grown in our partner farm in Fiji, Ranadi Organics. Ranadi is a sustainable farm that supports many local women to grow their skills in cultivation. Read more about their story here.
5 things you didn't know about Ginger:
- Believe it or not, ginger is not a root, rather it’s a rhizome, which is an underground stem.
- There are over 1,000 species of ginger!
- In several studies, ginger has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol.
- Ginger is excellent for targeting winter respiratory issues.
- Ginger is known to relieve muscle, joint and stomach pain.